- Recording donations from an online web app
- Recording daily activity from a Point of Sale (POS) system
- Importing bank activities
NOTE: To record both Checks and Deposits at the same time, use Transaction Pro Importer's Bank Statement import.
What are some helpful tips to know when importing Deposits into QuickBooks Online (QBO) with Transaction Pro Importer?
Below are some helpful tips to keep in mind regarding the most common issues that occur when importing Deposits into QBO with Importer.
- When importing a Deposit, the following fields are required (at minimum).
- DepositToAccount (General Ledger Bank Account Name or Number)
- If a Deposit has multiple lines on it, repeat the same value on every line for the Reference Number (ie Deposit number) to allow Importer to know to group the multiple lines together onto one Deposit.
- Importer supports both Account Numbers and Account Names. However, only include either the lowest Sub-Account Number or the entire Account Name in the import file, not both.
- If using Account Numbers, on the Preview screen of Importer, click OPTIONS and select the option ENABLE ACCOUNT NUMBERS ON TRANSACTIONS.
- Consider using a Default Value for the QBO field DepositToAccount.
- To import a Deposit from the Undeposited Funds account, see this ARTICLE.
The below screenshot shows the entry screen for Deposits in QBO with the location indicated into which each Transaction Pro Importer field will import.