Import Credit Card Charges into QuickBooks Online
What are some helpful tips to know when importing Credit Card Charges into QuickBooks Online (QBO) with Transaction Pro Importer?
Below are some helpful tips to keep in mind regarding the most common issues that occur when importing Credit Card Charges into QBO with Importer.
- When importing a Credit Card Charge, the following fields are required (at minimum).
- Credit Card (General Ledger Account Name or Number for the Credit Card)
- If a Credit Card Charge has multiple distribution lines on it, repeat the same value on every line for the Reference Number (ie. a transaction ID or credit card charge number) to allow Importer to know to group the multiple lines together onto one Credit Card Charge.
- Importer supports both Account Numbers and Account Names. However, only include either the lowest Sub-Account number or the entire Account Name in the import file, not both.
- If using Account Numbers, on the Preview screen of Importer, click OPTIONS and select the option ENABLE ACCOUNT NUMBERS ON TRANSACTIONS.
- These fields will become required if using Products or Services on the Item tab: LineItem, Line Quantity, and either LineUnitPrice or LineAmount.
- These fields will become required if using Expense Accounts on the Accounts tab: ExpenseAccount and ExpenseAmount.
The below screenshot shows the entry screen for Bills in QBO with the location indicated into which each Transaction Pro Importer field will import.