When importing, will Transaction Pro Importer skip transactions that already exist in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT)?
By default, Transaction Pro Importer for QBDT does not skip transactions that already exist. However, there is an option to SKIP TRANSACTIONS WITH MATCHING REFERENCE NUMBERS that can be selected.
To access the options, click the OPTIONS button on the first window of Importer.
On the BASIC tab under the IMPORT OPTIONS selection, select the SKIP TRANSACTION WITH MATCHING REFERENCE NUMBERS option.
The SKIP TRANSACTIONS option is available for:
- Bill Payment
- Credit Card Charge
- Credit Card Credit
- Credit Memo
- Item Receipt (with or without bill)
- Journal Entry
- Purchase Order
- Receive Payment
- Sales Order
- Sales Receipt
- Statement Charge
- Vendor Credit
If using this option, consider the following points:
- The import will take a longer time as each transaction is checked against the QB database.
- If using this option, do not use the option LET QUICKBOOKS AUTO-ASSIGN transaction numbers.
- Reference Numbers must be unique as Importer does not check for the Customer or Vendor - only the transaction number.
- EXAMPLE: If Customer A has Invoice 123 and an Invoice 123 is being imported for Customer B, Importer will skip and not import the transaction, even though the Invoice is for a different Customer.