Is there a way to stop Transaction Pro Importer from setting up new Customers in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) during import?
Yes, there are options in Transaction Pro Importer to prevent new list items (Accounts, Customers, Employees, Items, and Vendors) during import. These options can be found by clicking the OPTIONS button on the first window of TPro and are located on the BASIC options tab. When one or more of these options are selected, TPro will verify that the list item currently exists in QBDT during the validation process. To match, the list item in the import file must match the list item in QBDT exactly - spelling, punctuation, spacing, and capitalization. If a list item is found to not currently exist, an error will appear in TPro with the list item that was not found.
If a list item is found to not currently exist, there are several options as to how to proceed.
- If the name is incorrect or misspelled, correct the list item in TPro for the import.
- If the name is incorrect or misspelled, correct the list item in the import file and reconnect the updated import file to TPro.
- Remove the transaction from the import, either in TPro or the import file.
- If the name is correct, manually set up the list item in QuickBooks.
- If the name is correct, unselect the DO NOT ADD option, allowing the list item to be automatically created during import.
**Note: The Do Not Add feature does not work with list imports.